- Explain why we pray, what things we pray for, and how we pray. Read Isaiah 40:31.
- Read Matthew 6:5-15, the Lord’s Prayer.
- Pray to God and Jesus three times a day for one week. Read 1 Thessalonians 5:17.
- Teach someone you know about praying and say a prayer with him/her.
- Do three or more of the following:
- Make a prayer request chart and ask people if they have a prayer request and pray for them.
- Lead out in a club opening or closing prayer.
- Make a card with a prayer in it and give it to someone.
- Ask the pastor about prayer.
- Have a prayer breakfast for kids and parents.
- Make a prayer journal and see how God answers prayer.
- We pray to stay close to Jesus because He is our very best friend and we want to be like Him. Read Mark 1:35. We pray to thank Him for His love and care, to ask for forgiveness, and to help others and ourselves. Read James 5:16. We should have a quiet time each day with Jesus, but we can pray any time, anywhere.
- Discuss the Lord’s Prayer with children.
- Ask parents to encourage children to pray and to make it a daily habit. Provide resources for parents on how to teach children about quiet time with Jesus.
- Discuss how to teach someone to pray.
- All activities included in worksheet. Discuss with children how each of these activities can be done. For the prayer breakfast, invite kids of all ages to attend and have a child give the message.