- Have the First Aid Honor.
- What foods are included in the following diets:
- Know the symptoms of a fever. Know how to take a person’s temperature. Know how to bring a high temperature down.
- Know what is a normal pulse rate, respiration rate, and temperature. Practice taking the pulse rate, respiration rate, and temperature of a friend or classmate.
- What is a communicable disease? How is it transmitted? What precautions should be followed to guard against communicable diseases? List safety measures to be observed when caring for a person with a communicable disease in the home.
- What symptoms tell you that a person is physically ill?
- Know how to help take care of a newborn and an aged person in your home.
- Know when and how to wash your hands when caring for a sick person.
- Know how to make a bedridden patient comfortable in bed.
- Show how to feed a helpless patient in bed.
- Show how to give liquid medicine and tablets, pills, or capsules to children and adults. Know how to properly apply eye drops.
- Demonstrate the method of giving fomentations and foot baths. Explain the value of their use and tell the conditions under which such treatments should be given.
- Demonstrate the application of a healing compress and the use of heat and cold for the treatment of inflammation and bruises.
- Explain how the following natural remedies help in preventing disease:
(Note how the first letter of each one spells NEW START.)
- Trust in God
61 på lager