- Earn the AY Cooking honor.
- Give a brief history of Dutch ovens and their role in American history.
- Know the difference between a bread oven, a stew/meat oven, pot/stove top oven and a camp oven.
- In what way are ovens sized?
- Know and demonstrate fire and Dutch oven handling safety and the proper use of equipment.
- What types of fuels are used to cook with an oven?
- What are the advantages of charcoal over wood as fuel?
- How do you control temperature?
- What do ashes do to the efficiency of the coals?
- If using wood, what types are best for cooking?
- Demonstrate how to properly season a new Dutch oven.
- Demonstrate how to properly clean a Dutch oven after each use.
- Demonstrate how to properly transport Dutch ovens.
- Demonstrate how to properly store a Dutch oven for a short term and long term.
- Cook one of each category using Dutch ovens:
- Cook with the lid only as a griddle.
- Name the six different ways to cook in a Dutch oven.
- What is meant by stack cooking?
Madlavning i Dutch Oven
10 på lager