- Have the Basic Sewing Honor.
- Identify samples of different fabrics including cotton, linen, wool, rayon, nylon, Dacron, and burlap.
- Have a practical sewing box for your sewing supplies. Include in it a pin cushion, tape measure, pins, needles, thread, and scissors.
- Show how to straighten fabric before use.
- Demonstrate how to place pattern on fabric according to pattern layout, being sure all pieces are correctly placed on straight of fabric.
- Know the following terms:
- Blind hem
- Grain of fabric
- Make one of the following:
- A skirt, putting in zipper and sewing on waistband. Make sure skirt is hemmed to hang evenly.
- A blouse, and explain how you would adjust the shoulders for persons of different body types.
33 på lager