- Explain the following:
- The principles of digital camera construction and how a digital camera works.
- The effect of light on an image sensor.
- How color images are created from the BW image the sensor captures.
- What the camera lens does; what focal length means.
- How are lens aperture and depth of field related?
- Describe pixels, image resolution, and image size.
- What are the two types of image compression?
- Name and describe three types of image formats.
- Give the principle uses of photography.
- Take pictures illustrating at least eight of the following techniques. Use comparison pictures for illustration:
- Camera Steadiness
- Direction of lighting – front, side, or backlighting
- Quality of light – shade, sunlight, and time of day
- Rule of thirds
- Angle – eye level, high, and low level
- Level horizon
- Distance from subject – fill the frame
- Use of leading lines
- Correct exposure – underexposed, overexposed, and correctly exposed
- Use of flash – proper distance and reflective objects
- Learn how to place photos in PowerPoint. Create a PowerPoint presentation showing the pictures you took using the above techniques.
- Using a photo editing program on a computer, show ability to crop, color correct, sharpen, and adjust brightness/contrast to photos.
- Complete at least three creative photographic projects in a photo editing program; such as a CD cover, a photo scrapbook page, a collage, etc.
- Have a basic understanding of file organization techniques.
10 på lager