- Be at least in the 5th grade or ten years old.
- Understand and practice wilderness and camping etiquette, regarding preservation of the outdoors.
- Know eight things to do when lost.
- Be familiar with various types of sleeping equipment suitable to location and season.
- List personal items needed for a weekend campout.
- Plan and participate in a weekend camping trip.
- Know how to properly pitch and strike a tent. Observe fire precautions when tent is in use.
- Know and practice the proper principles for camp sanitation for both primitive and established campsites.
- Properly use the knife and hatchet. Know ten safety rules for their use.
- Demonstrate ability to choose and prepare a fire site.
- Know fire safety precautions.
- Know how to properly strike a match.
- Practice building a fire with use of one match, using only natural materials.
- Demonstrate how to protect firewood in wet weather.
- Bake bread on a stick.
- Describe the proper procedures for washing and keeping clean the cooking and eating utensils.
- Describe sleeping wear and how to stay warm at night.
- Draw a spiritual object lesson from nature on your camping trip.
- Explain and practice the motto: “Take only pictures and leave only footprints.”
22 på lager